Protection of your privacy
How do we collect your information?
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including from you directly (including when you interact with us in writing, electronically or via telephone), when you visit our website (including when you submit a quote or contact form), when we supply products or services to you and from public sources of information. At all times the collection of this information is obtained by lawful means in a manner that respects your privacy and confidentiality.
How do we use your information?
Your privacy is respected, and we do not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes to effectively conduct our business, including to:
• supply products and services to you and to administer and manage the supply of products and services (including billing and collecting debts);
• provide you with information about us and our products and services, including how your use of our products or services can be improved;
• gain an understanding of your energy needs in order to provide you with better products and services and maintain our high levels of customer service;
• conduct research and development;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud; and
• comply with our legal obligations.
To help us carry out these activities, from time to time we disclose your personal information to other parties including:
• our contractors, suppliers and agents who assist us to provide products and services to you;
• credit providers and agencies;
• government and regulatory authorities (as required or authorised by law);
• our professional advisors (such as auditors and lawyers); and
• organisations that assist us to conduct research or analyse data.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are bound by privacy and confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
How do we store or process your information?
Do we provide you with information about products and services?
We also use your personal information to provide you with information on products, services and offers (from us or our related companies) that we believe may be relevant to you or that you would be interested in, even after you cease acquiring products or services from us and you consent to us doing so, unless you opt out of receiving this information.
You also consent to us sending you the information by direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages, unless you tell us not to contact you in these ways.
How can you opt out of receiving information about products and services?
You can opt out of receiving marketing information, in the form of personal visits to your premises or by ordinary mail, by putting your name on our No Contact List. We maintain a No Contact List so that, if you ask us to put your name on the No Contact List, we will not contact you for marketing purposes by mail or by visiting you at your premises while your name remains on the No Contact List.
You can ask us to put your name on the No Contact List by contacting us in any of these ways:
• by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• by calling us on 07 55131517
How do we make sure the information we hold about you is current?
We take reasonable steps to hold only accurate, complete and current personal information.
Do you record my phone calls to you?
Can I change information about myself?
Please let us know if the personal information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
How can I get access to my information?
You may obtain details of the personal information we hold about you on request. If providing this access may disclose information about another party, or may disclose commercially sensitive information, or is otherwise limited by law, we may reasonably limit your access. Charges may apply to cover the cost of us accessing and providing you with this information. If we cannot provide you access, we will provide a statement of our reasons.
Our Web Site
Like many companies, we use “cookie” technology on our website. “Cookies” are small text files a website can use to recognise repeat users, store registration data, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the website, allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. Cookies are not programs that come onto your system and damage files. In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you and, if that is the case, we will extend the same privacy protections to that information as we do to other personal information we collect about you.
You can disable cookies or be warned when cookies are being used by adjusting your Internet browser settings. However, disabling cookies may mean that you are not able to access parts of our website or to take advantage of the improved user experience that cookies can help provide.
Visiting our Website
When you visit our website, in addition to any personal information you submit (eg for a quote or in a contact form), a record of your visit will be recorded. This record may include the following types of information:
• your server address;
• your top level domain name (for example.com, .gov, .au);
• the date and time of the visit;
• pages accessed and documents downloaded;
• the address of any website that linked you directly to our site; and
• when you email us we will record your email address.
Third party websites
Can the ways in which you use my information and the conditions of use be changed?
How to contact us
You can contact us at the address below to:
• arrange access to personal information about you;
• enquire generally about privacy matters; or
The Privacy Officer
PO BOX 5093
Terranora NSW 2486